One of the most important things for how to maximize your vacation rental is to take many quality photos. It works wonders when sharing your rental property on social media, and search engines like Google and Bing prioritize sites with pictures. In short, it gives you a better chance to get more eyes on your property. Taking a photo is as easy as taking your phone out of your pocket and snapping a picture that might not result in the best representation of the space. Check out Five Star Property for some examples. We’ll run you through the best practices for taking photos for how to maximize your vacation rental.
- Take a lot of pictures. Later spend some time sorting through the best ones to use. After all, you can only have a few options. Take various images, including wide shots of the entire space and close-ups of unique features. Also, consider using a high-quality camera with a tripod.
- Clean and declutter the area before taking pictures. This will make the space look more significant, inviting, and elegant. This means making the beds, fluffing pillows, and arranging furniture that looks attractive and functional.
- Use natural light as much as possible. Open curtains and blinds, and avoid using flash. Ideally, the best time to take your photos is on a sunny day.
- Use editing software like Adobe Photoshop to enhance the pictures, adjust brightness and contrast, or remove any blemishes.
- If you plan to offer your rental property year-round, consider taking photos throughout the different seasons.
- Make sure to highlight the property’s best features, such as a fireplace, balcony, great view, hot tub, ample kitchen space, etc.
- Show off the property’s location, such as nearby restaurants, shops, and parks. This can give visitors an idea of what to do outside the vacation rental.
Now you should understand how to maximize your vacation rental with pictures. Check out Five Star Property for more examples of excellent vacation rentals. Five Star Property has homes available in the USA, Costa Rica, and Mexico. Specifically, we have outstanding properties in Colorado and Indiana. If you want to hear more about our vacation rentals, head to our website or call us at 310-902-4133.