With the winter season quickly approaching in Colorado and Indiana, you might be looking for quick and easy ways to prepare your vacation property for the colder months. We have some suggestions for managing a rental property in winter. Five Star Property has plenty of resources for managing a rental property any time of the year. Here are some tips for keeping your property winter-ready this season.
- You are going to want a healthy supply of blankets. Nothing is better than slipping under a blanket with hot cocoa during winter.
- Make sure you have a shovel, ice scraper, and salt available for a sudden snowstorm. While you should have your property shoveled before a guest arrives, it helps to have these tools in case your guests need assistance moving their car.
- In addition, before your guests arrive, ensure you have winterized the home properly. You will want to service your hot tub, inspect the furnace and heating, and make sure windows are sealed tight.
- Double-check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. This is good to do no matter the season, but it’s imperative to do during the winter months, and it may be required by local laws too.
- Keep an open line of communication open for winter weather emergencies. Sometimes an ice or snowstorm can be worse than expected, so ensure your guests are prepared and informed ahead of time.
Managing A Winter Rental Property
We know that you will be on your way to offering a fantastic vacation rental after reading about managing a rental property vacation property. Five Star Property has homes available in the USA, Costa Rica, and Mexico. Specifically, we have outstanding properties in Colorado and Indiana. If you want to hear more about our vacation rentals, head to our website or call us at 310-902-4133.